Monday, May 28, 2007

Pelicans in the Park


We discovered pelicans in our open space park. Usually, there are a ton of them, but of course, when I bring my camera, there's only one. And I have to admit, I thought Pelicans were sea birds... so I was surprised to see them in a crappy little reservoir in Colorado... But apparently, they do fresh water, too... as long as there are fish for the to eat, and we have plenty of that here.

I have to admit, the first time I saw them, like a dozen of them, I thought they were swans. As I got closer, I realized those were some pretty big swans! Then I thought they were sort of ugly...until I realized that they were pelicans!! Here's a picture to give you some perspective on their size (they are so big!) This guy is swimming after this duck. And this is a normal sized duck, like a mallard size...

Post a Comment