Saturday, September 1, 2007

Troublesome sheep

So, we decided to move the chicken pens to the arena, and move all the hens and turkeys in with the sheep. We can take down one ring of electronic fence, and have all the animals together. We didn't think it would be a big deal. Well, according to Laverne and Shirley, chicken feed IS A BIG DEAL. So I spent some time today stringing chicken wire around the Ark to keep the sheep out. They were not impressed. We now officially have a love/hate relationship.

It's hard to see here, bt there is a chicken standing on Shirley's back. When I got closer, the chicken had realized there was no food there, and flew away.

The sheep, trying to enter from the other side of the chicken house. GO AWAY SHEEP! Chicken feed is for CHICKENS! ANd turkeys. And seriously, look how big those turkeys are getting!

Here they are, peeking around, checking if I am still there. I was hanging chicken wire on the other side, with Athena at my side to keep them out.

After I put up all the chicken wire, they were trying to figure out how they could get in to the house. They were defeated, and they were giving me dirty looks about it.

Cute puppies! Goliath wagging his tail, and Atlas laying down in the grass.

Schroediger says "Work? What is this place, a farm or something? Forget it, I'm sleeping."