Monday, November 26, 2007

I hope I found my home

OK, that's really nebulous, but what I mean to say is that I am starting a new job in 2 weeks. I gave my notice this morning, so it's back to the whirlwind again. I know, I have done this before... it's 2 weeks of trying to wrap up loose ends, make a clean finish, say goodbye to all the people I will miss, and then building new relationships at a new company - and that takes months. But at the same time, it is exciting. And I really do hope this time I found my home. The product is something I think is way cool. The company values match my own, the people I have met are very cool. And I get to wear jeans to work. And one of the owner's brings in her Bernese Mountain Dog to work. Yeah. That's what I am talking about!

The company is EarthRoamer - www.earthroamer.com if you want to see the products they build. Hopefully this is the place where my restless soul can set up shop for a long time. No sales, no travelling, no fancy clothes. They are building a new building in Lafayette, so it will allow Larry and I to continue carpooling to work together - which saves us $$ and cuts down on the use of fuel. I've actually gotten quite used to it. We might even, egads, get to meet for lunch every now and then!

Last year, my best Christmas Present was a buyer for my house in Berkley. This year, it's going to be a fresh start - at a company where they have made it clear that they already appreciate the skills I can bring. And I won't be making anything for the military, ever again.

Things are really starting to tie together. We have our farm, with chickens and sheep and dogs and a big garden. Now I will be starting at a new company that makes a product I think is cool. All the pieces are coming together out here in Colorado. So.... is it time to go skiing now?
Post a Comment