Sunday, June 14, 2009

Greenhouse Fun

Things are moving along smoothly - just another summer on the farm. The meat chickens are out in their pens. These ones are about 4 or 5 weeks old...



The egg layers are back out on the pasture.


And this year, we have a greenhouse. We moved the turkeys to the greenhouse while they are still small. There are only 7 left (from 25 to start!) as the cats kept eating them. Bad kitties! But turkey babies are good for eating bugs, and these are slow growers, so they can stay in the greenhouse for a while - Midget Whites and Bourbon Reds!


Here is some of my celery. I've never been successful growing celery in the past, so this is exciting!

I also have lettuce, which I have shown a propensity for in the past. I must make a salad tonight.

We also have carrots, kale, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, basil, bok choy and one little pea plant growing in the greenhouse. I have planted many other things, but some of the seeds just haven't sprouted. We live and we learn! We'll only get more successful each year.

OK, off to the humane society to look at kitties!


Post a Comment