Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Some of my Favorite Chickens

My neighbor helped me hatch a few chicks over the last few weeks. Out of 30 eggs, we've had 7 successful hatches. There may be more, but it may have been a tough time of year to be hatching chickens.

ANYHOW, in light of my 7 new chickies, I thought I'd show a few pictures of some of my favorite chickens.

This guy here is our Barred Rock rooster, and a few of his Barred Rock hens. He's a fantastic rooster!!



This is one of our Silver Lakenvelder hens. Looks like she is done molting, and has grown her feathers back. She is a pain in the butt, but she's beautiful!
This is "Friend Bird" I can't remember her breed, Fayoumi, maybe? But I call her "Friend" because she always comes over to check me out and sort of follows me around. She always comes by to say hi. I think she's great!

This is Fang, he came from our friend's house. He's a black Polish rooster. He's already got a few "grey" hairs - 2 white feathers are growing on his hat.


This is "Little Girl Bird". She is the first hen I hatched this spring. Her brother has since met his demise, but Little Girl is out with the hens, and possibly even laying eggs by now. Yup, no idea what she is!

Post a Comment