Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin


Betty gave birth to her second set of twins today. Betty is the surviving daughter of Laverne, who was our favorite sheep. We are planning on expanding our flock a little, and happy to have some ewes, especially descendants of Laverne.

However, after naming Captain Caveman, I just decided to stick with ridiculous names. That generally works on rams, because we don't keep them. However...

Introducing Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin. I am sticking with the cartoon character names this time around, though I think these cartoon characters came AFTER the toys, in this instance.

Here they are with their mom. Strawberry Shortcake is the one in the front, another one with really unique brown markings. Blueberry Muffin is a more standard dorper, with pure black and white markings. I didn't get a good picture of her, I'll try again this weekend when we can be outside. It's hard in the barn.

Here is Strawberry Shortcake, she almost looks like a Barbados goat!


OK, you can tell I was trying to get pictures of this unique coloring. Pretty cool, huh? We are definitely keeping her, and Larry is not impressed with the names I chose. I'll have to think again, but it's hard finding female duo names, as I have already used Laverne and Shirley, Lucy and Ethel... So if anyone has any female duo cartoon names, send them my way and I might reconsider (Jane and Judy from the Jetsons are on my list)

 
 Oh, Lucy says she us ready for her close up, while Annmarie turns away.
And here is Mama Angel again, with Captain Caveman - isn't he just adorable?