Wednesday, August 1, 2012

For the Love of Ice Cream

I love ice cream. It's scary to watch me order at Coldstone.  But what I like even better is fresh ice cream, home made, no preservatives or fake flavors.  I learned to make my own. And I love it!

We have lots of flavors, and I really mean it when I ask you what you want. I'll make it.  This week, I made Basil Ice Cream, at the request of a customer. Of course, it's made from basil from our garden.

I've also made a few flavors with goat's milk, perfect for anyone that is lactose intolerant. One is vanilla, the other is made with wildflower honey from a local vendor.

We also have fresh Peach, Mint Chocolate Chip and Strawberry. I'll be making some more mint from the mint in our garden, soon. I am trying to let my mint plant go crazy, to ensure it comes back next year, but I think I can spare some for some more ice cream.

So what's your favorite flavor? What can I make for you?