Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!



I wanted to take a moment to honor this holiday for what it really is for - giving thanks. I'm not saying I'm not thankful for the big meal I am about to eat tomorrow, believe me, I am thankful for all food. But I am thankful for a lot of things I'd like to share with you.

  • I am thankful for my silly daughter. She reminds me that sometimes you need to slow down and focus on the little things, and that sometimes you need to speed up so that you don't miss anything fun!
  • I am thankful for my network of farming and ranching friends, so that when my garden fails, I can find yummy pumpkins, peppers and plums someplace else.
  • I am thankful for my husband, who doesn't always want to spend time doing silly things, but when he does, it's fun for all of us.
  • I am thankful for my dogs, that help protect our livestock, as well as always giving me something big to hug.
  • I am thankful for all the animals we have, that give our lives for us to provide us food. We care for them the best we can, and I always remember to thank them for their sacrifice so that we can eat healthy. I'm thankful that I get reminded on occasion how silly they can be sometimes, and how much I am endeared to them, so that when it comes to mealtime, I am truly thankful for the gift they give us.
  • I am thankful for fall, when we are able to say goodbye to our turkey friends, and help other folks have a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for winter, when we get to take a bit of a break, and plan for the spring. I am thankful for spring, when we get to watch lambs being born, and baby chicks, poults and ducklings hatch. I am thankful for the long days of summer, where we get a lot of projects completed on the farm.
  • I am thankful for our supportive friends and family, that are there for us in the good times and the bad, to laugh at the silliness, and feel for us when things don't work out as planned.
  • I am thankful for all the wonderful volunteers who have helped us through this year - especially these past two weekends full of bird processing, we couldn't have gotten it done without you.
  • I am thankful for our customers who are the reason we get to keep farming every day.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us either through volunteering, purchasing products, or encouraging words. We do appreciate it and we THANK YOU!
 
 
 
Post a Comment