Friday, November 1, 2013

Turkey Reservations (almost) Sold Out

The links for reserving turkeys are temporarily disabled. We have reserved a LOT of turkeys so far! I have put the reservation link on hold until I get a good count of how many turkeys we actually have. It's pretty hard to count turkeys, especially when they now associate me with pumpkin seeds and pumpkin skins. Every time I walk outside, they think they are getting treats, so they swarm me. I tried last night while they were lining up for bed, and got counts of anywhere from 75 to 93, so I need to try again and see what I can come up with.  If and when I do put the links back up, there are 2 things to keep in mind - still, I only have a handful of reservable birds left AND I am not going to reserve 100% of the birds, which means we MAY have some leftover at the end of turkey weekend. I'd rather have leftovers than not enough for all my reservations, so that's the scoop. I'll post again here when we are sold out.  We raised more turkeys this year than last year, and we sold out even more quickly. We'll up our turkey production AGAIN next year, to keep up with our growing customer base!  Thanks, everyone!
Post a Comment