- Those are nice goats you have...
- Why are your chickens so expensive?
All that being said, yeah, raising birds isn't easy or free. And at the end of the day, I buy a chick, I buy a bunch of feed, and I provide water. Once I get the chick, I raise it for its whole life. It never leaves my farm. I butcher it here, I package it here, I sell it here. And you know what? I don't ever get paid. If I had to pay my mortgage with my farm, I can't even imagine what my prices would be, and how fast people would run to the hills. But why can't my farm pay for its whole self? Why shouldn't it pay for the land it is on, the electricity it uses, and my time? We're still stuck in the middle here, and the mindset is that my prices are too high? I have to work 2 jobs to make this work, and there are plenty of people that still think that food produced on family farms is too expensive.
- Farmers are always on the farm
- Hens need roosters to lay eggs
- Sheep only give birth in the Spring
- When it rains, turkeys will drown themselves by looking at the sky and filling up with rain water
- Farming and ranching are our business here, not butchering
- You must farm and ranch because you love it!